Hankie Bonnet Poem • #2
- I am just a little hankie, as square as can be,
- But with a stitch or two, they've made a bonnet out of me.
- I'll be worn home from the hospital, and on special days,
- And then I'll be carefully pressed and neatly packed away.
- Then on the wedding day, I've been told,
- Every well dressed Bride must have something old.
- So what would be more fitting than to find Little Ole Me?
- A few stitches snipped and a wedding handkerchief I will be!
- And if per chance, it is a boy, someday he'll wed,
- And to his Bride he'll present the handkerchief once worn upon his head