The Christening Corner
Ashley May Handmade Bobbin Lace Bonnet
- Ashley May Lace is an heirloom quality bonnet artfully designed with handmade bobbin lace. This treasure is made from a very soft white 100% cotton fabric that is fully surrounded by hand made soft cotton bobbin lace.
- If you are not familiar with this type of lace, bobbin lace is created entirely by hand using a very time intensive technique that requires lots of threads on little wooden bobbins, nimble fingers, and a sharp attention to detail! It is a fascinating art which results in exquisitely detailed thread lace.
- The lace is about 1/2" wide. Each pearl is individually knotted. 100% cotton fabric • hand wash • air dry recommended. • Beautifully Gift Boxed
- If you want to see how bobbin thread lace is made, just search Google or You Tube for "bobbin lace making" and you will find several videos demonstrating this classic art. I'm sure after viewing how this lace is made, you will have a whole new appreciation for this little gem!
- In our fast paced, disposable world, a gift of this lovely handkerchief will certainly demonstrate your appreciation and value of handcrafted items.
- In a number of years when the baby is to marry, this bonnet becomes a beautiful handkerchief for the bride to carry down the aisle as "something old". Beautiful gift packaging includes a version of the delightful Handkerchief Baby Bonnet Poem chosen by you! Select your favorite poem.
- Hand made exclusively by The Christening Corner